September DevLog Week One
It’s been a week of putting the world to rights for our Development Team at Project Gamechanger.
After Game-Play test 18 we have detected a few minor changes and fixes that needed to be done to improve the experience.
- When trying to path to a destination that’s out of reach, the UI will now show the maximum amount of tiles the player’s character can walk (sub-path). In this case, confirming the path will result in the character going to the last tile of the sub-path.
- We used to need to move the camera to the spawn point, it is now positioned correctly at spawn.
- Music no longer goes to full volume anymore when entering the settings screen. Instead, it takes the correct value from the player’s saved settings.
- In the character selection screen, scrollbars no longer move when the player moves the cursor around the screen.
- Improvements to the ability bar. Icons will no longer cut off at the bottom of the screen.
- The player should be able to normally perform a melee attack again; owned tiles of dead entities are removed correctly.
- Dragging an ability whilst on cooldown will no longer freeze the ability bar.
- The player’s character would sometimes be stripped bare, making the model completely white. The new way of handling shaders fixes this.
- A lot of player characters would suddenly receive a purple target outline. This is fixed now.
We are constantly improving playability for Depths of Erendorn to make sure that you will have the best gaming experience and can’t wait to share all of this with you.
Stay tuned for more updates!